New Look Blend Beauty Sponges Review

08:30


When I seen this two pack of blending sponges at New Look for only £4.99 I had to buy them! The pack features a pink and a black sponge.

After experiencing good results with the Superdrug B. Blender I had high expectations that these sponges would be just as good. The sponges come in a pack of two - one pink and one black for only £4.99. This is great value compared to the original beautyblender!

I wet the sponge before using to make it expand. It almost doubles in size, similar to the original beautyblender. Once wet I noticed that the sponge is actually really dense. I squeeze out any excess before applying the foundation. It applies the foundation to my face but I do find the sponge absorbs quite a lot of the foundation. This mean it requires more product to achieve my preferred look. I don't think it applies as well as the Superdrug sponge or the original beauty blender. 

The sponge is easily stained also due to it absorbing so much product, however it does all wash out of the sponge when cleaning. I think it does an average job of applying foundation so I won't be purchasing these again unfortunately!

Have you tried this sponge?

You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. Definetly need to try it :)
    With love,
    Dasynka
    http://dasynka.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you'd have better luck than me as I won't be repurchasing x

      Delete
  2. They're pretty, but doesn't sound too great. Thanks for sharing this review!

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they're not the best unfortunately x

      Delete
  3. Oh what a shame! I need to try more of the New Look makeup line but I'll avoid these sponges xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm liking the rest of their beauty line x

      Delete
  4. I don't use sponges, I prefer to work with my brushes since it gives me a better result. Too bad this is not you were expecting and it's an average product.

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I used to always use brushes until I tried the original beautyblender and I can't seem to get the same results with brushes anymore x

      Delete
  5. Oh, cool... I didn't know New Look did makeup. I shall check it out!

    Happy Thursday babe! Kisses,
    BLOG | TAISLANY

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats a shame about this sponge. I know New Look have been on fire with their makeup range recently!
    Kate xx

    themakeupartistschoice.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I really like the other products from the range x

      Delete
  7. These sound a little disappointing, I'll stick to my Beauty Blender!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah these are nowhere near as good as the beautyblender x

      Delete
  8. Actualli i buy my beauty sponges at Primark, but now i want to test these sponges because i'm so curious
    https://diamondandfashion.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe