Chocolate Chip Orange Cookies

08:29


We love baking homemade cookies, and we recently made some Chocolate Chip Orange ones so I thought I'd share the simple recipe!

Ingredients required: (Bakes approx 15 cookies, depending on size)
125g softened butter
100g light brown soft sugar
125g caster sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp orange essence (or 1 tsp vanilla essence if you don't want orange flavoured)
185g self-raising flour
40g cocoa powder
½ tsp salt
200g chocolate chips
1-2 baking trays, lined

First of all ensure you preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Cream your butter and both sugars in a mixing bowl. Then combine in the egg and orange essence. Add the flour, cocoa powder, salt and chocolate chips to the bowl and mix.

Mixing in the final ingredients 
Roll them into even walnut size balls to create a homemade look. Placing them onto the lined baking trays, ensuring a good gap between each cookie.

Ready to go in the oven!
Bake them in the oven for 10-12 minutes depending on whether you want them soft or crunchier.

Once baked to your preference, take them out of the oven and leave to cool and harden for a few minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack. 

Thats it! You can eat them warm or cool, they taste delicious still warm. They should keep for around 5 days, if you can wait that long! 

You can also substitute part of the butter for peanut butter to give it a peanut taste and crunch. Substitute part of the flour for more cocoa powder to get an extra chocolate kick!

What flavour cookies do you prefer?

You Might Also Like

27 comments

  1. Chocolate orange anything is my favourite!

    Georgia | The Weekend Attic

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious! I love combining chocolate with orange and I even add orange juice and zest in my chocolate muffins!! :)

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound and look so delicious!! Will definitely be trying this recipe out, chocolate orange is always a winner! Thanks for sharing :)

    Beth X

    bethabigail.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, great I hope you enjoy them! :) x

      Delete
  4. These look delicious! I'm definitely going to try out this recipe!

    http://www.bunnybernice.com/single-post/2016/09/11/Mojssanite---Moi-Moi-Launch

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love this combination of flavors. I prefer everything with chocolate ^^

    xoxo

    Priscilla

    BEAUTYNATURE

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love making homemade cookies, adding the orange sounds delicious, will have to give these a try!

    www.Barely There Beauty.com | British-Korean Beauty & Lifestyle blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never would have thought to mix chocolate and orange- but these sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These sound amazing! Will have to try them one of these weekends. Thanks! X

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look so good, chocolate and orange are such a scrumptious combination. Thanks for sharing, great photos too xxx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  10. These sound delicious! I would never have thought to put these flavours in cookies but I definitely will now!
    Amy xx
    www.callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend them, they work together really well :) x

      Delete
  11. Looks so delicious :) I am definitely gonna try this weekend!!
    http://yourbeautyjournal.com/morphe-jaclyn-hill-favorites-palette-review/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your recipes so thank you for sharing! I love anything orange/chocolate so these sound incredible! xx

    Gemma ♡ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loveeee baking cookies and this recipe is YUMMM! Thank you for sharing and I'll add peanut butter for sure.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I love peanut butter cookies, they taste great! x

      Delete

Subscribe