B. Latex Free Blending Sponge Review

08:30


I recently got to the point of needing a new beautyblender, and as most of you know they're not the cheapest of sponges. I was in Superdrug a few days ago and noticed the B. brand had a special offer on their blending sponge. On offer for only £3.29 I thought I'd give it a try.

The sponge is definitely going for the beautyblender look, as it is a similar size and colour to the original beautyblender.

 L-R Wet Beautyblender, Dry B. Blending Sponge.

It  expands when wet, to around the same size the beautyblender expands to. Though it is definitely denser than what I'm used to, I'm hoping this will mean it has better longevity when washing. I have heard that some people have experienced it leaking pink dye when being washed, luckily I have yet to experience it.



I do my usual make up application routine of washing the sponge and squeezing the excess out before applying foundation. I do find the base of the sponge is actually a bit wider than the original beautyblender, which can be useful when blending foundation into my cheeks. It doesn't absorb much product and blends the foundation into my skin.

Overall it does a good job of blending my foundation, I would go so far as it to say it performs as well as the beautyblender its self! Its definitely a cheaper alternative for £4.99 (currently on offer for £3.29). Plus you can buy multi-packs of two or four which work out even cheaper.

You Might Also Like

28 comments

  1. Nice post!

    anyway, wanna follow each other? (GFC and on instagram if you want). Follow me, let me know on my blog and I follow you :)
    http://astbakay.blogspot.ru/
    https://www.instagram.com/st_bakay/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep picking this up meaning to buy it and forgetting! Will definitely need to get one now! Love your blog, now following you :)

    Erin || MakeErinOver || Happy Blogmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it out! :) Thank you, I'll check our yours! x

      Delete
  3. The sponge sounds good and it is affordable. Hopefully like you said you don't experience it leaking pink die, that would be too bad.
    Have a great week Shelleen. :)
    xo
    Sauniya | Find Your Bliss ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I hope so too! Thank you Sauniya and you! x

      Delete
  4. I have heard wonders of this "blending sponge" how do you think it gets on with powder foundation?

    XOXO
    kellmenow | http://www.kellmenow.com/blog/2016/12/6/the-traveling-gypsy-brooklyn
    Instagram | https://www.instagram.com/kell_menow/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine it would work well as long as you wet it first! :) x

      Delete
  5. I love this product! I cant stop using it ! <3

    FASHION BLOG: www.theclassicv.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds wonderful, I'll have to check it out.

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh what a good find! I always hate it when I have to replace my BB as they're so pricey xx

    Gemma • Miss Makeup Magpie ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they are, this is such an affordable alternative! x

      Delete
  8. I have the B beauty blender as well, such a good find! I haven't tried the original beauty blender yet (just purchased it) so I am happy to hear they are very comparable, can't wait to see for myself, thanks for sharing! Xx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they're so similar, would love to know what you think! :) x

      Delete
  9. I would like to try it but in my country are way too expencive
    Come and see my blog too
    Gros bisous
    http://mademoisellegallech.blogspot.pe/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the original beauty blenders are unfortunately x

      Delete
  10. I recently started using one but I found it really hard to know what to do (as silly as that sounds!) I was a bit put off but going to give it another go today as everyone says how great the results are!

    Charlotte x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they're easier once you get used to it, don't forget to make sure its damp first :) x

      Delete
  11. I always used to apply makeup with a brush but since purchasing a makeup sponge I have been using it day in day out! It applies foundation perfectly :)

    Sarah | What Sarah Writes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I don't know if I'll be able to go back to a brush haha! :) x

      Delete
  12. I usually use the Sephora version of the Beauty Blender but it is unfortunately a little worse for wear now and I am in desperate need of a new one. I will check these out as they sound like a complete bargain and they seem to do the job just as well :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah definitely a cheaper alternative and works as well as the beauty blender! x

      Delete
  13. This is such a good dupe especially as you said it performs just the same!

    Lauren Ashleigh xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks like a great affordable dupe. I use the real techniques one but I might try this one next!

    http://www.harrietday.com/

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe